This ad is expired.
The Campus Police Dispatcher performs the daily functions of dispatch. Receiveemergency and non-emergency calls for service. Monitors field activity and records confidential information into Law Enforcement Databases.
The work schedule for this position is flexible and will include working evenings, weekends and holidays. On call rotation may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates and maintains security of law enforcement equipment
- Monitors multi-frequency system and answers and screens incoming multi-line telephone calls to coordinate field unit public safety activity
- Monitors alarm systems, 24-hour recorder systems, and multi-agency dispatch equipment to ensure functionality; responds to alarms and equipment malfunctions
- Inputs, updates, requests, and transmits confidential query information to ensure current, accurate public safety and criminal records in support of a certified police agency
- Accesses various confidential and law enforcement databases to provide meaningful information to a variety of sources
- Performs a variety of office law enforcement and judicial support tasks including data entry of police reports and warrants
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor
- High school diploma or GEDand
- One to three years of related experienceand
- The ability to obtain an Arizona Criminal Justice Information System Level A Certification
- An equivalent combination of certification, education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
This hiring process will include an in depth background check. Your fingerprints will be used to check against the criminal history records of the FBI. If not selected for employment you have the right to challenge the results of this check directly with Arizona DPS and the FBI according to thePrivacy Act of 1974.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and practices
- Knowledge of law enforcement principles and practices
- Knowledge of public safety and security procedures
- Skill in effective communication (both written and oral)
- Skill in independent decision making
- Skill in problem solving
- Ability to adapt and maintain professional composure in emergent and crisis situations
- Ability to apply effective and accurate data entry and typing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and positive working relationships
- Ability to operate relevant equipment required to complete assigned responsibilities for the position
- Environment:Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with staff contact and frequent interruptions
- Physical:Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an standard office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate (up to 20 pounds) amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; may be required to travel to other locations using various modes of private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate to exchange information
- Vision:Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction
- Hearing:Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency