This ad is expired.
College of the Holy Cross
Perform a variety of duties to provide protection to the college community members and property, enforce all Local, State, and Federal laws, rules and regulations as well as perform other related duties following standard practices and procedures. Must be able to work as a team member to incorporate community policing in a customer service atmosphere within the campus community. Must have demonstrated experience in positive engagement with members of a diverse society. Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively to promote mutually cooperative dialog.
This position is part of the bargaining unit represented by the Holy Cross Public Safety Association.
Physical demands are those in excess of sedentary work; must be able to remain on feet for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, lift, carry, push, pull, climb stairs, balance, walk, and run; must be able to access all facilities, on foot, to respond to emergency calls for service to include the upper-most floors of campus buildings when elevators are not available; must be able to conduct visual surveillance of individuals and surroundings
- Must be physically able to operate and communicate using a variety of machines and equipment including firearm, baton, automobile, office equipment, radio, telephone, etc.
- Work includes considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as severe weather/ temperatures and loud noises
- Work environment involves moderate exposure to hazards and physical risks to personal safety; must be physically fit and able to defend community members and one's self from physical assault
- Must be able to wear the required uniform and equipment
- Must be able to work all shifts, including weekends, holidays, and overtime shifts as required - overtime is required
- Previous experience in law enforcement, preferably in a college or university environment.
- The applicants must already have graduated from a full time MPTC ROC academy or Bridge Academy AND must have not had a break in police employment for more than 3 years at the date of application.
- All officers must maintain a valid SSPO warrant status to maintain continued employment
- At least 3-5 years of experience as a sworn officer in public safety or police agency required
- Must possess a valid Class D driver's license and be able to obtain certification in basic first aid and CPR. In addition, must possess the ability to obtain a Massachusetts License to Carry Firearms - Class A Large Capacity permit in accordance with Massachusetts General Law Chapter 140, Section 131.
- Successful completion of various fitness for duty assessments; including a comprehensive background investigation, a physical exam, as well as the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2, Rotter Sentence Completion and Beck Depression Inventory tests. Must pass 5-panel drug screening.
Full-time - Varied hours/work days.
The College provides generous employee benefits that extend beyond the traditional benefits of medical, dental, vision, and retirement savings. Additionally, the College offers a variety of benefits that help its employees maintain a healthy balance between work and life priorities, while building financial security.
The college offers a private pension plan for hourly employees.
A more comprehensive listing of benefits can be found on the your https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits/open_enrollment
**As of July 1, 2023** Candidates who have graduated from a full-time MPTC ROC academy start at $25.00 an hour. Experienced candidates can be hired at a starting rate up to $28.98 an hour.
- Shift and weekend differential.
- Annual uniform stipend of $1,600 paid in two equal installments in July and January.
- First Responder days off.
- Officer-in charge (OIC) pay of $3.00 increase per hour while serving in that role. Officers with a current EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) certification receive a ($.75) an hour differential.
This is an Non-Exempt, 40 hour/52week, position.
The College of the Holy Cross is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
In your cover letter please address how your work supports the College's mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.jobvite.com/holycross/job/ooiXofwL
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency